Monday, June 9, 2008

Worth More than Sparrows

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father... So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." (Matthew 10:29 & 31)

This morning on my way to Mass, a bird that looked quite like a sparrow fell from a tree right in front of me. That's pretty amazing when you think of it; in order for me to have seen that, the timing had to be exactly perfect, not a second earlier or later. It immediately brought to mind that God knew when that sparrow would fall. Did He have in mind for me to see it?

The little bird that dropped to the ground right in front of my truck reminded me of God's constant care. His eye is on me, therefore all will be well. He is present in every moment of my day; He knows every prayer in my heart. With this knowledge, the words "alone" and "anxious" should be ever banned from my vocabulary!

No comments: