Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sunday Came on Tuesday

There is another song by Tree63 that I love: "Sunday!" I won't record all the lyrics here, but part of the refrain goes, "It's Friday, but Sunday is coming," a metaphor based on Christ's death and resurrection to give us hope through tough times.

I've been caught in Friday's cave for the last month or so, caused by shame related to some mistakes I made, along with a few other trials thrown in for good measure. I haven't been myself at all. My confidence in who I am as a human being was completely gone, as was any semblance of a genuine smile or real laughter; even the way I normally relate to the world or other human beings was different. I was in a deep, deep hole, and I didn't know if it was a permanent change in who I am. (I begin a new job on July 1, and I was a bit concerned about being able to contribute to it fully in this state.)

But Sunday is here, and the picture above reflects this. The drenching rain reminds me of showers of forgiveness, gentle refreshment for the soul which is oh so sweet. And doesn't this guy's posture absolutely shout out ecstasy? Unexpected mercy and my resulting gratitude make me feel just like he looks!

I'm not surprised that Friday's cut on my finger has healed; why does this Sunday resurrection astound me? Who knows? I am just glad to be swimming toward the light.

"Sunday - Hallelujah! - it's not so far, it's not so far away..." (Tree63)

6 comments:

Cynthia Hallen said...

Your blog is very beautiful and uplifting. I especially like the title background photo. Best wishes. Cindeer

Esther said...

Hi, Cindeer Spellen! Thanks for your kind words, and thanks for visiting my blog. God bless you! :)

Christine Trollinger said...

You are always a bright spot in our Day Sissy!

Esther said...

You are so sweet, Christine Maggie O!

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

Our Sunday was soooooo good; and no Friday can spoil that memory. I hope we helped a little, because that was less than a month ago. I love and cherish you, your friendship and your writings.
DIEU TE BENISSE!!! Cajun Sissy

Esther said...

You, too, Macile. Thanks... a lot. :)

Yes, it WAS wonderful!