Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Imitation of Christ

"So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you." (Colossians 3:12-13)

These can be hard words to put into practice at times, but may they be so. May we always put others before ourselves. May the light of Christ within and among us shine particularly strong when things are most difficult. May we have the grace to never give up on reconciliation when there are misunderstandings.

Christ's arms are always outstretched, ready to receive with grace those who come. May I be, as well. He has forgiven me so much; He has been so gracious in my mistakes. May I die to self enough each day to allow room for His heart to beat within me. Always.

No comments: