Thursday, June 19, 2008

Circle of Friends

I've written about my St. James 2:24 posse; today I want to acknowledge another circle of friends, women with whom I can share my heart in an intimate way, the kind of friends you can "spill your guts" to without any question of their love or loyalty. We are there for one another; we've shared crises and joys, laughter and tears, prayers and spiritual journeys. My life would be far less rich without the blessing of these fine women.

Laura, Laurie and Celeste, whom I know from high school (Laura) and college (Laurie and Celeste). These women have known me for more than three decades. None live close to me, but I thank God for our wonderful phone calls. Laura and Laurie have both been roommates of mine at various times.

Eileen and the two Louises live close enough to see after a bit of a drive, and I'm thankful for the occasional visits that supplement emails and phone calls. These women have known me at least since my teenagers were toddlers. I'm so glad we've stayed in touch after our move.

We've lived in our current area about seven years, and the "now" friends that contribute to my life so much are Barbara, Anne, Marilyn and Linda.

Thank you, God, for Your love that has been showered upon me by these women. Thank you for what I learn about You through them. Thank you for their devotion to You and the gifts the Holy Spirit has bestowed upon them. I pray that I may be granted the privilege of bringing You to them, even in small measure, as they've brought You to me in great measure. Please bless them mightily with the gift of being completely in the joy of Your will... always.

I have other wonderful women friends who are unnamed, some with whom I've lost contact but hold dear in my heart, some with whom I have a casual friendship, and some with whom a deeper friendship may develop. There are also those with whom I share a very close friendship, but the "everydayness" of it is no longer present. I thank God no less for all of them; the gift of their friendship enriches my life, as well.

"...there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18:24b)

2 comments:

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

We love you toooooo, sweet sister.
DIEU TE BENISSE!! Cajun Sissy

Esther said...

Awwwww... thanks. :)