Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Stone in My Heart

One of my favorite scripture verses is Ezekiel 36:26: "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."

God has given me a heart of flesh; it beats within me for Him. However, within the tenderness of that heart lies a great stone. The very thing that is most important to me is what divides me from my family.

They don't share my faith.

How I long for them to be united with me in the pursuit of God! How I miss the times they were.

St. John speaks the truth when he says: "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." (3 John 1:4)

Today at Mass, my heart broke, and within the break lodged a very heavy stone. I can only hope that my family will eventually make their way home. And, dear God, may that be sooner, rather than later.

2 comments:

DJ said...

My prayers are with you Esther, that this division may be healed in your family, and that they may come home to Holy Mother Church!

Blessings,
Dean

Esther said...

Thank you, Dean, for your prayers and comfort! You will be a fine priest one day. :)