Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Big Wow

I came over a hill today and was surprised to see our big, magnificently beautiful lake from a new vantage point. It was actually far more breathtaking than this; I was unable to find a photo that reproduced the "wow" I felt upon seeing it. My heart did a little flutter at the unexpected wonder of the blue expanse stretched before me. (This photo shows a small part of our lake; there is much more!)

If I felt this much wonder today at seeing our lake, how much awe will there be upon seeing Heaven? What kind of "WOW" will I experience when I come upon that view? I can only imagine. Actually, I can't; it's far beyond my comprehension. I don't know when I'll get there, or how long my passage through Purgatory will be, but I know one thing: I look forward to the view (and the Person I'll find) over that hill!

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" (I Corinthians 2:9)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really is beautiful. The beauty, diversity, and creativity of nature remind us of our God who made it all.

Esther said...

It's like His grand, earthly robes, isn't it? Thanks for visiting, Monkeybaker! (And what an interesting name. ;)