Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Amendment of the Heart

Last night I wrote a prayer asking God to shape my heart. But I want to amend something.

I asked Him to make my heart "cautious but open." I should actually be asking the opposite. May I never be afraid to love completely, fully, openly and with abandon in all situations, whatever I am thought of, however I'm treated. May I have the heart of Christ, who always reaches out with complete love.

May I be myself in all situations, offering my heart freely, without fear of rejection. May the love I offer be selfless; may it be an offer that doesn't expect anything in return. May I continue to love and offer my heart in cases where my heart has been hurt or my expectations have not been met.

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God and everyone that loveth is born of God and knoweth God. He that loveth not, knoweth not God, for God is love." I John 4:7 & 8 (recited in King James English from memories of a song sung in college. :)

2 comments:

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

Two of the words in your labels; fear and rejection ... are so misleading, I am glad they are at the bottom. Ohe, ma cherie; I know we all have fear of rejection ... and for it to happen over and over, to us ... and prehaps from the same person (like HL does me), it hurts more deeply, because these are supposedly GOD's flock that we trusted so. We met at Mass. I am learning to love ... no matter what the rejection delivers ... (with some fuming sometimes ;-( huh? Lee Anne) ... and I hope to one day reach the point ... where I can accept GOD's people, no matter what they feel for me ... as you have in this entry. You are such a blessing in my life. I can hardly wait to get my arms around you; and yes, Leslie, Lee Anne ... and who else is coming?
DIEU TE BENISSE!!! Cajun Sissy

Esther said...

Macile, thank you for your kind words. I pray you will find comfort from hurt in our Lord. He is our true Valentine and loves us more passionately than we can imagine. He grieves when others hurt us, but gives us strength for the journey and muscles for our souls.