Friday, May 2, 2008

Lapse in Judgment

In my need to reach out for advice amidst some recent turmoil in my life, I made an error in judgment and someone who's completely innocent of the situation may have read the words I wrote. They were not words that disparaged, nonetheless my confusion in a difficult situation came through. And there's no way I can directly repair the damage...

...except pray.

And pray I will. I will pray that my lack of discernment will not make this person question their faith in any way. And that God will use it for good. He's good at that.

In the book of Genesis, Joseph, Jacob's son, encountered many trials. He stood strong through them, always trusting God, and some of them were amazingly difficult. At one point he had the presence of mind to say, "You planned to harm me. But God planned it for good. He planned to do what is now being done. He wanted to save many lives." Genesis 50:20

How absolutely counter-intuitive those words are! What temerity to say and believe them! But how true. God is in the redemption business. There is nothing we have done, are doing or will do that cannot be redeemed in some way, however small, when given to Him in faith. He redeems souls, He gives eternal life; how much more can he redeem the other issues of our lives? "All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purposes." Romans 8:28

Maybe this will be used for good in this person's life. I pray it will be so. Until then, Lord, I will pray, trust that you will redeem it, and learn to do better next time!

2 comments:

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

I have never liked the word 'stupid' ... and still do not. Maybe an error in judgement, yes; and I pray with you ... that in this instance, as with all ... GOD uses this 'bad for good'. You never know. Your words may be the vessel of grace; coming home to Rome. DIEU TE BENISSSE!!!
Cajun Sissy

Esther said...

I pray all our words will be vessels of grace. And you're right: I changed it. :)