Friday, November 23, 2007

Complete Abandon

I approach many things in life with complete abandon, such as singing, motherhood, and almost all human interaction. (Unfortunately, all too often, I live out vices with complete abandon, too!) But I wonder, what would it be like to trust God with complete abandon?

Perhaps I would sit in His presence without asking questions... I would listen, rather than present my wish list.

What others think of me might not matter much anymore.

My first waking thought in the morning wouldn't be panic about all my unfinished business.

The past or the future wouldn't occupy my present.

My ducks needn't be in a row.

Peace would reign in my soul.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

2 comments:

lili said...

Hello Esther,

I stumbled across your blog post when I was searching for 'complete abandon', and I am really grateful for your short but meaningful post.

I used to be a worrywort since I was small, and I was taught to pray. But as I grew up, I found out that I am even more, like almost constantly worrying about things - the past, present and future, and basically worrying all and everything in my life. And I couldn't really stop myself from being panicky and worn out.

"Perhaps I would sit in His presence without asking questions... I would listen, rather than present my wish list. "

Perhaps I think this is the reason that my faith has gotten weaker because I haven't been listening properly.. I often turned to tempations and keeping myself busy of other things (some are unnecessary at all), and I always wonder yet I never quietly listen...

This must be His answer to my prayers (and questions) telling me all that happens is because I'm not listening, and I shall surrender myself to Him, trusting His ways which would make me a new being.

Thank you dear Esther, and I hope I'm not scaring you with my wall of comment. ;)

Esther said...

Hi Li Wen,

I'm so glad you posted your thoughts; I am happy to read them, short or long! :)

I pray our Lord will fill your heart with "the peace that passes understanding" and that you will always know you are in His loving hands.

Isn't it a privilege to be part of what God is doing in one another? I am glad our paths crossed, even if by "accident."

Many blessings to you,

Esther