Monday, March 3, 2008

Blushing Bride

I love this picture: its sweetness, expectancy, innocence. I love the joy and anticipation in her face, as though she's looking at her beloved. It exudes purity.

Jesus makes me feel this way. He makes me feel pure and sweet, even when I've made choices that say otherwise. He gives me a new start, He wipes away my old mistakes. He wants the best for me, knowing I will stand before Him someday, along with the rest of His church. In His wisdom and mercy He brings me experiences, even painful ones, that teach me how to be His child. Slowly... surely... sweetly... He is making my crooked little heart straight.

2 comments:

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

Yes, she is; and how we all long to be that innocent as in 'sin free'. That is my goal. It will be attained, perhaps, in my next life ... and I will know it ... but if I am steadfast in my love of our Sweet Jesus ... it just may come to me sooner. Alleluia.
DIEU TE BENISSE!! Cajun Sissy

Esther said...

Macile, He sees you as His beautiful child. Rest in that.